Now read through your chapter straight through for flow and focus. Make marks in the margin wherever you see a problem. Read it uninterrupted. You will see things on the overview that you might miss when you are going through your manuscript line by line.
Ask yourself these twelve evaluation questions.
- Do I have a good lead?
- Is my chapter interesting?
- Is it significant?
- Is my story or book marketable?
- Does it have continuity?
- Does it make sense?
- Have I left out any important points?
- Did I say what I wanted to say?
- Are my transitions adequate?
- Did I repeat my thoughts?
- Did I use complete sentences?
- Does my ending tie into my beginning?